Since my family is not yet efficient at making homemade bread, we end up with quite a few twist/bread ties. And by the time we’re done using them, they’re mangled and ugly. However, they’re still functioning — but for what?
1. Wrangle up the cords behind your computer desk with a few strategically placed twist ties.
2. Going for the Shirley Temple look? Before going to bed, section wet hair into small segments, twist and turn them into coils, and secure them with a twist tie. You’ll wake up with a head full of ringlets!
3. Use twist ties in your garden to band stalks together or to secure them to a trellis.
4. Fashion a make-shift hanger for light pictures or artwork from a repurposed bread tie.
5. Strip the paper from a twist tie for a nice piece of wire that has multiple around-the-house uses, like a temporary replacement for a missing eyeglass screw.
6. Has one of your coats lost its zipper pull? Use a twist tie as a makeshift zipper pull.
7. Turn a twist tie into a locking device for suitcase zippers or hamster cage doors.
8. Do you own a pair of pants with a zipper that always falls down and leaves you blushing in public? Loop a twist tie through the zipper pull and attach it to the inside of the button at the top of your zipper. It will mean a few minutes of extra work during bathroom trips, but it will keep your modesty in tact!